|Size||Whole: 200”W × 170"D (170"diam) × 225"H mm
Body: 170"diam × 110"H mm (Not include handle and lid)
Pan back: 90"diam mm
|Range of Use||Gas cooktop , IH
*If using on a IH cooker (Induction Cooker), please note that the cooker may not always acknowledge pans with a smaller rear diameter or uneven surface. We would recommend referring to the instruction manual provided with your IH cooker or manufacturer before purchase as supported sizes differ depending on the make of the cooker.
TETSUBIN Yuzu（Image: Hada）
※The handle will get hot during or right after usage so please do not hold it with bare hands.
Knob on the lid（Image: Arare）
The knob of the lid is decorated with a design knows as "worm-eaten". As the name implies, there are holes here and there. This design is meant to release heat.
Top view with the lid off.（Image: Arare）
Image: TETSUBIN Shinjyu
The insides of the kettle is treated with the "YAKINUKI (burn off)" technique for anti-corrosion.
During the finishing process, the kettle is burned in around 900 degree of charcoal fire, creating an oxidized layer on the inside. Known as the "black rust", this coating prevents red rust and metallic flavor from occurring. The inside of the kettle is not washed to prevent damaging this oxidized layer (black rust).
Usage image（Image: Hada）
How to Use The Iron Kettle
Clean the insides lightly with water and boil tea leaves (any green tea) with low flame and open lid for 15mins. Repeat this process for 2~3 times. It is said that the tannin in the tea leaves will bind with the iron in the kettle. The break-in period after this attaches scale to the insides, removing the metallic odor and taste.
During the Break-In Period
Please try to use it daily for about the first 2 weeks. After a few days of use, red rust-like specks will start appearing on the insides but they will disappear and will be replaced with white fur in around 1~2 weeks with continued use. More white scale will continue to cover the insides after this and the water will begin to taste good. As there is no issue as long as the water is clear and fluid even when the insides are red, please do not wipe or scratch the insides.
※Heating with low flame as long as possible is the most effective (exercise extra care when heating empty vessels)
※Although the water is potable during the break-in period, please make tea instead if the odor and taste are not to your liking.
- Beginning of use： The insides are smooth and a dark ashen film can be seen covering it.
- Period of change：Reddish-brown flecks appear on the insides as though it is rusting but the water is not cloudy. Then, white scales begin appearing lightly over the reddish-brown areas and the entire insides. It is especially remarkable near the snout and lid.
- Aged： It becomes scaled as though it is entirely covered by white powder. The insides may be covered with white scales with a tinge of yellow, brown, or green depending on the quality of the water.（*However, this change and the time taken for it greatly vary with the frequency of use and water quality.）
Store in a well-ventilated place after drying. To prevent damage to the iron kettle, please do not keep water in it when storing.
Emptying the iron kettle while it is hot will allow it to dry the remaining water droplets with the heat faster. However, in the case of leftover water, use a low flame as appropriate (around 1 minute) to evaporate all the moisture (do not heat the iron kettle by itself).
For the exterior, gently wiping with a dry cloth or pressing it against a cloth that has been steeped in tea and then squeezed out will bring back the original black gloss of the iron.
Do not use scrubbing brushes or cleansers on the interior and exterior. Even after the break-in period, please try to use it around once a month. The process of preparing the iron kettle for use will be required once again if left unused for some time.
For all types of "KAMASADA-Tetsubin", the number of purchases is limited to 1 per person.
If you do not confirm this notice and order one or more, we will refund you without confirmation to the customer. Or we will cancel your order. In that case we will not compensate for stock.
- Please keep the handles vertical (the state at the time of purchase). Do not turn it sideways. Keep the handle vertical even when removing the lid and pouring water in. Turning the handle sideways will require considerable force, and repeatedly doing this may cause the handle to come off. If the handle comes off, it is not possible to attach it again by yourself, it would require a repair work at the manufacturer.
- The appropriate water level is around 70% of the kettle. Please use this kettle at low or medium flame and not higher than that.
- The handle will get hot during or right after usage so please do not hold it with bare hands.
- Note that slight differences in size, shape and facial expression can occur due to it being hand made by a skilled craftsman.
- Due to the manufacturing process, there may be small bumps or holes. However, each item has passed the manufacturer and our inspection standard and will not cause issues during usage. Please refrain from returning the product for such reasons.
- Since the finish and quality standards of products vary depending on the manufacturer, the appearance of casting surface also varies.
- The blackening may come off during delivery.
Regarding Delivery / Gifting
|Delivery Time||We ship the item accordingly when it is in stock.|
|Delivery Type||International shipping (outside Japan),
Express home delivery
|Gifting Options (Only in Japan)||Gift-Wrapping,
Noshi (Japanese gift wrapping ribbon paper)