|dish 140mm||140"diam × 20"H mm
|dish 200mm||202"diam× 30"H mm
MOCCO refers to a type of transportation tool whereby ropes are connected in a mesh pattern and hung by ropes attached to each corner.
The edges and seams of this plate is slightly raised as though being held up by ropes. Most MOCCO are square, so this octagon shape is a rare find.
As seen from diagonally above
The front and back of the 140mm sized plate
KATA KUTANI series
- A craze is an intentional crack in the glaze caused by the difference in shrinkage between the base material of the dish and the glaze during firing. If used with food containing liquid or pigments. these substances may gradually seep into the cracks, causing them to take on color. Soak the dishes in water before serving.
- There are differences in the glazing for each dish. They may also contain small holes or black spots on the surface, which are known as pin holes.
- The surface of the plates may have indentations due to shrinkage of the base on the bottom. This arises due to warping during drying and firing after it is molded. This is a characteristic of all pottery, and not a defect.
- There may be chips in the base of the items. There may also be metal marks (which resemble pencil marks) on the unglazed part of the base due to friction.
- If oil or other food soaks into the dishes, the cracks may appear to have diminished, or seem to have disappeared. If this happens, soak it in soap to remove the dirt from the crazing.
- Do not places these items in microwaves, ovens, or dish washers.
Regarding Delivery / Gifting
|Delivery Time||1~3 months if not in-stock.|
|Delivery Type||International shipping (outside Japan)
Express home delivery
|Gifting Options (Only in Japan)||Gift-Wrapping
Noshi (Japanese gift wrapping ribbon paper)